Monday, October 26, 2009

Hmmm. I forgot to put these pictures on...

So I screwed up and forgot to pop the Maine pics on. Also a cute picture of The Blondster on homecoming night (taken at one of her friend's houses, a friend whose mom hangs their photos WAY too high, by the way).

I've been doing a lot of working at work and working on writing, so sorry (again) I've been behind on the blog.

Here's The Blondster (aka Mommy's Little Boo Boo Bear): (Woops - I don't have the pic saved yet.)

And on to Maine...

Sand and skies on the way up to Portland.


Wells, Maine has this cafe and it had good lobster rolls for lunch. And beer.


And...a Portland place with a lobster picture on the pub sign.


The craggy rocks of the Maine coastline. I kept blinking. Thought I was in Wales until I noticed the houses were different. Plus, the Welsh version of a rocky coast is breathtaking rather than 'yep, quite nice'.


We took the ferry out into Portland Harbor; had lunch out on Peak's Island.


The little cafe on Peak's Island.

13 comments:

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous.

I've never been to Maine.

More please!

writtenwyrdd said...

You were in Maine and you didn't tel MEEEEEE??? I might have been able to see you. Ayuh. Wouldabeen wicked fun, that's foshoa. Ayuh.

fairyhedgehog said...

Those are gorgeous pictures. Something about the first one really speaks to me although I'm not sure why.

Robin B. said...

Sorry, WW - JB and I had only a 30 hour mini-vacation together before I was drilled down into a business trip thing there!

Sylvia and FH, It was easy to take gorgeous pictures there - the place was knockout. I know what you mean, FH - that first one got me, too. There's something about it as an entrance or an exit...

Stacy said...

Great pics. I think my favorite is the sign with the lobster holding the Guinness.

writtenwyrdd said...

Just teasing. Anyhow, with my job schedule and the fact that I live so far north, it would have been unlikely I could have taken the time to drive Down East, anyhow!

writtenwyrdd said...

FHH, roads leading off into an unseen distance (over a hill, etc) are dynamic in that they pull the eye and the mind with it. Primarily a subconscious thing, but when you look at something like that, part of you is mentally crossing the landscape to peek over.

fairyhedgehog said...

wyrdd, I think that must be how it works. It's very powerful.

PJD said...

Totally makes me homesick. (I know, I've been in California more of my life than I was in New England, but I know where home is.)

Blogless Troll said...

Beautiful pics. And it's true, lobsters do love Guinness.

Whirlochre said...

Looks like a fun excursion.

And I know what you mean about people who hang photos too high.

My neighbour has so many hanging up, they'll soon be started on the ceiling.

Maybe I should drop by tomorrow.

"Hey, John — why not ditch all the photos of the kids and go with a painting of a horse?"

McKoala said...

So pretty!

I think lobsters love being cooked in Guinness. So much more fun than water.

Robin B. said...

You know, I was on Peak's Island, I took a picture of the sign for Peak's Island, but I just now (finally) noticed, there's no apostrophe. It's Peaks Island. PEAKS. Apparently my brain couldn't fathom last names ending in S. Interesting...as mine own last name ends in that letter.