Well, hell, I can't decide what to do with this blog. For a long time, it was a closed place where I could say whatever I wanted to say, do some good venting with good friends and have some fun.
Then I decided, hmmmm, maybe I should tweak this puppy and make it my author website that isn't a website, of course, but still, it's a site. Sight. Cite. Whatever.
But now, I say, screw it. It's back to just fun for a while.
The impetus for this brain windfall? Dr. Paca, who's had the excellent idea to reconnect with our 2008 selves, back in the days when we hung out on each other's blogs, and yes, started down the voice post path, people (yeah, I've been to Southern services here and there, in my youth, Baptist and Catholic and a few in between, though I recovered, sorta...)
So get prepped, please! The week of November 14th is Paca's idea. I'm looking forward to it.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Hmmmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I'm doing Nano so I haven't got time - but count me in anyway! (Assuming I can find a mike and remember how to do the voice thing. It's always such a palaver.)
It's good to have you back, Robin. I've missed seeing you around.
I'll be on the road so not taking part this time but I'm looking forward to hearing them all when I'm back!
So why don't you keep two blogs. This one could be your private-self one where everyone hangs out and has fun and all the old comments are here, etc.
Then you can have a public-writerly-self one and to start it off easy, you can simply copy and paste some of the postings from this site that you'd like over there. That way you don't lose anything and you still get to keep stuff separate.
Looky you back on the blog!
It's certainly true that 2008 was much more fun than this current hellhole of pain and suffering. As for my own blog — it's a morgue of comments at the moment.
And that's just based on the selection of exotic cheeses available.
Great to have you back, hanging out at your own pad, with your arms in the air and a joyous holler bursting from your lips.
Ready to party.
So next week we post on our blogs, am I understanding correctly?
What exactly is it we're going to do and when?
I find my life, and particularly as it relates to my time in the blogosphere (unless that term has come to mean something else since Rod Blagojevich came on the scene) has become something like riding one of those Scrambler carnival rides.
I find myself constantly flung back and forth and squished out against the edge of the seat, and every once in a while I catch a glimpse of a face I think I recognize out there. Fortunately, even during the election season, there has been very little barfing.
Wait... what were we talking about again?
Oh yeah. All week of the 14th I've got all-day meetings. I'll try to blog and read all y'all's posts, but that Scrambler might spin me away now and then.
Paca was saying he wanted us to travel back in time the week of the 14th, so I guess it starts tomorrow...He 'd mentioned we should all get back on EE's and inundate him with comments, send in stuff, etc - go back in time, in other words. Of course it will only work if most of us do this thing - otherwise, boring-ness will, uh (sorry, I can't help myself, I have to use the word...) ensue.
Come to think of it, though, I haven't seen him mention this for about a week, so I hope he hasn't forgotten!
I do know that I'm gonna take Phoenix's advice and make a separate public blog - If I make this one the 'author blog' I'm gonna lose all of the comments and fun stuff on this one. When I get a spare minute, I'll be putting your all's links back on here.
So we don't have to do anything except go and make ourselves heard at EE? I can do that. I do lurk over there all the time I just don't usually have much to say.
Yeah, I'm gonna be there a lot this week, and I'm gettuing ready to go back to 2008 and yank a past blog post up to the present. (Thanks for that idea, Shona!)
I looked at my November 2008 posts but all that came to me was how different things were then. So much has happened in the intervening two years.
I submitted a bunch of cartoon captions at EE's last night. Unfortunately, they all are lame. I'm working up to a continuation, but nothing came to mind with the two choices that are there right now.
Post a Comment